Suzuki Marauder 125 Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to set the valve timing on 2002 Marauder 125?

3 posters

Go down

How to set the valve timing on 2002 Marauder 125? Empty How to set the valve timing on 2002 Marauder 125?

Post  Dobsy Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:32 am

Can anyone help me figure out how to set the valve timing on a 125 Suzuki Marauder 2002. I very stupidly took it apart with marking the correct position which I'm still struggling to believe I actually did. I thought there would be obvious marks...! Plus, the engine dropped a valve which smashed the pistion and head to bits and though there's no lower end damage it does look as if the flywheel is slightly misaligned with the crankshaft where the aligning key aligns the two. I might have set myself up for a bit of a head ache. Really don't want to have to take the flywheel off though... Any top tips would be appreciated. Dobsy

Dobsy

Back to top Go down

How to set the valve timing on 2002 Marauder 125? Empty Re: How to set the valve timing on 2002 Marauder 125?

Post  Admin Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:57 am

Hi Dobsy,

Firstly welcome to the forum, and sorry about your engine.Sad 

I would suggest you buy the haynes manual as describing the procedure could take some time and is quite involved. The manual you need is the Suzuki GS, GN, GZ & DR125 (0888)
The manual also comes with pretty pictures in stages so you can follow the how to....

There are marks on the flywheel itself for timing a prominent line marked with a T.

Regards

Bob
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://suzukimarauderowners.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

How to set the valve timing on 2002 Marauder 125? Empty Re: How to set the valve timing on 2002 Marauder 125?

Post  mr_diver Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:09 am

Buy an ebay engine and haynes manual

Parts an info

mr_diver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down