Suzuki Marauder 125 Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Admins other bike

2 posters

Go down

Admins other bike Empty Admins other bike

Post  Admin Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:11 am

Hi Guys

I have been working on and riding a 1981 Honda cb250nb Superdream since passing my test in June 2010, It has been a labour of love up to now, this being my first big bike compaired to the 125's that I own as well. At 27bhp it's well within the 33bhp limit and i've taken her up to 75mph. I bought the honda for £375 quid from a young lad in chester who also owned(that I saw) a cg125, he claimed to have a full power 33bhp Aprillia RS125(which I didn't see).. but you get the picture Laughing

Admins other bike DSC00149-1

I did some work on her to get her through the MOT, like changing the brake hose to a stainless one and changing the brake master cylinder and new chain and replacing the front footpegs which were bent on one side. Luckily she passed first time cheers

She wasn't as pretty when I first got her, the chrome mudguard was painted black(and has been sanded down so has a nice scratchy finish) and she was covered in grass and dirt, I think was bought to be a field bike. The Superdream is way too heavy to be a field bike, the engine is literally a dream now after I cleaned the carbs 3 times( what a ball ache) Shocked and reset the valve clearances and adjusted the carbs. The original seat went to the tat yard(it's bottom had collapsed) and i've replaced the sprockets front and rear.

Admins other bike DSC00150
The photo's are old now and show the original sprockets but do show the new brake master cylinder and hose which is a stainless braided hose with a black covering by Gooderidge

Regards

Bob
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://suzukimarauderowners.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Admins other bike Empty Re: Admins other bike

Post  james.t Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:16 am

so you have been busy then have you still got 3 bikes or has you wife put her foot down.
nice looking bike
james.t
james.t

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:31 pm

Yup, still got 3 bikes, 1 in the shed, 1 lives in the back garden and 1 lives out the front on my new concrete pad for my bikes to park. Very Happy

Admins other bike DSCF1964

That was hard work putting that in Laughing

Regards

Bob
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://suzukimarauderowners.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content