Suzuki Marauder 125 Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm in need of more info

5 posters

Go down

I'm in need of more info Empty I'm in need of more info

Post  Karly Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:57 am

Hi,

I have a Suzuki Marauder GZ125 (2005) and I need to do some work on it and am looking for a pdf manual that I can print off. I already have the Haynes manual and the manual that came with the bike but need more info. I have to check the brake lights and do some maintenance so would like to understand what I'm doing.

Any help/advice is appreciated.

Cheers

Karly

Karly

Back to top Go down

I'm in need of more info Empty Re: I'm in need of more info

Post  Richie_R Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:27 am

Karly wrote:Hi,

I have a Suzuki Marauder GZ125 (2005) and I need to do some work on it and am looking for a pdf manual that I can print off. I already have the Haynes manual and the manual that came with the bike but need more info. I have to check the brake lights and do some maintenance so would like to understand what I'm doing.

Any help/advice is appreciated.

Cheers

Karly

hey Karly,

what is it you need to check with the brake light? i had to do some work in my cable to my back brake so i could help you if this is the problem.

Richie_R
Richie_R
Richie_R

Back to top Go down

Post  Karly Wed May 01, 2013 5:55 am

Sorry Richie_R, meant to reply sooner. Not sure whats wrong with my back brake light, think its the wiring but need to check. This is main thing I need advice on, how to find out whats wrong.

Also, do you or anyone else know how to remove the (annoying) safety sticker from my petrol tank?

Cheers

Karly

Back to top Go down

I'm in need of more info Empty OIL QUESTION

Post  livakee Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:30 am

Hello guys, Nice to meet you.

I would like to know if there is an issue if I will use full synthetic engine oil (10w40) or should I use a semi-synthetic oil and why?
By the way, is there any way to find an online pdf SERVICE manual? I have the manual that came with the bike, but there is general info instead of servicing.

Thanks.

Last edited by livakee on Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:32 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : adding additional question)

livakee

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:07 am

Hi livakee

Welcome to the forum, I had a look ages ago for a pdf manual for the bike but there isn't one out there Sad . The latest haynes manual covers the marauder just about Laughing

Don't use fully synthetic oil in the bike as your clutch will slip, semi synth or a good mineral oil is fine.

Regards
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://suzukimarauderowners.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mr_diver Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:05 am

Mineral Oil is Dinosaur goop pure and simple, will degrade quickly and older engine designs like the 125cc single that's powered most suzuki bike for over 20 years will be fine with a 2.5k service interval.
Semi-Synth oil is mainly Mineral Oil with some additives to extend the service lifetime of the oil, and help stop the long chain molecules from being torn apart in the gearbox.
Fully-Synth- Is at min 80% man made molecules with additives to extend life of the oil further than Semi-synth, again with the anti tearing additives.
I have used Fully synth oil In my v-strom for over 20k miles, 10k miles in my CX500ec (CX was made in 1983 and only Mineral oil was available then)

mineral, Semi or fully synth for the GZ125 engine with it's 2.5k service interval would be fine.
The clutch slip is an old wives tale and it complete and utter bollocks!

clutch slip happens
1. when your clutch plates wear too thin to effectively grip
2. when you use oil designed for cars or trucks labeled as friction modified/ energy conserving/ wear reducing, Eg something like Castrol Magnatec - these will give clutch slip as they are not designed to be used in a unit design engine where crank, head and gearbox all use the same oil.

To the original poster... What are the problems you are having with the rear lights, describe the issues and i might be able to tell you what to do. If i cant fix it, it's Fucked!

mr_diver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum