Suzuki Marauder 125 Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yesterday I did... and how to change your brake pads

2 posters

Go down

Yesterday I did... and how to change your brake pads Empty Yesterday I did... and how to change your brake pads

Post  Admin Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:51 am

Hi Guys

Yesterday I changed the the front disc pads on the bike, took about 25 mins and was an absolute doddle.
I armed myself with a large G-Clamp, some sockets and a set of Allen keys.
To start you undo the two large bolts(14mm) holding the caliper in place and withdraw the caliper from the fork leg, then undo the Pin retaining the pads in place with a 5mm Allen Key. You can then take out the old pads and remove the anti squeel shims from the back of them. Keep these shims you'll need em for the new pads. The caliper just hangs about while your doing this. Next take the G-clamp and push the piston back into the caliper, check the piston first for cleanliness and rust etc, if necessary clean with brake cleaner. Push the piston flush with the caliper, this will refill the brake reservoir to max. Fit the shims to the backs of the new pads and fit into the caliper also smear a little bit of copper grease to the back of the shim which the piston pushes, helps with the rust.. and then refit the pin through the caliper which locks the pads into place- smear the copper grease on this pin as well and tighten with the Allen key. Refit the caliper and refit the 14mm bolts through the top and bottom holes of the caliper and tighten. You then need to operate the brake lever to take up the slack, pump the lever till it gets hard, then you can test ride the motorcycle.

Regards

Bob
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://suzukimarauderowners.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Yesterday I did... and how to change your brake pads Empty Re: Yesterday I did... and how to change your brake pads

Post  james.t Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:03 am

glade to see you have been busy .
that was one off the first things i did to my bike even though it past the mot i thought the pads where a bit thin.
simpels
james.t
james.t

Back to top Go down

Yesterday I did... and how to change your brake pads Empty Re: Yesterday I did... and how to change your brake pads

Post  Admin Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:29 am

Hi James

I never stop mate, not with 3 bikes to look after!!! The Honda needs a lot of TLC as it's 30 years old, I havn't ridden the Yammy in a while as it's got piston slap so a refurb is on the cards come the spring time. The Marauder is growing rust spots on the chromey bits so it needs polishing plus all the jobs her indoors wants doing Laughing

Bob
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://suzukimarauderowners.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down