Suzuki Marauder 125 Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

matt blaks suzuki bobber

4 posters

Go down

matt blaks suzuki bobber Empty matt blaks suzuki bobber

Post  matt blak Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:57 am

matt blaks suzuki bobber 01211matt blaks suzuki bobber 02510matt blaks suzuki bobber 01410

matt blak

Back to top Go down

matt blaks suzuki bobber Empty Re: matt blaks suzuki bobber

Post  james.t Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:33 am

thts one nice bike
cheers
j
james.t
james.t

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:51 am

Sweeeeeeeeeeet ride Very Happy

I'm liking alot
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://suzukimarauderowners.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:57 pm

Hey Matt

is the engine modiified in any way?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  matt blak Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:22 am

well the engine is a 2001, its had a full rebuild, with everything cleaned, few internals replaced and set up correctly.. bespoke straight through stainless exhaust, polished inlets/outlets, gonna rejet the carb and give it a tweak next...it runs very well at the moment and the tick over sounds great .. so slow you almost think its gonna stall ..she was never built to be fast but will do 70 easy peasy... glad you liked the pics .. matt.

matt blak

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:00 pm

Id love to get mine to do 70 she'll only do 60 downhill with a following wind, and she's an 09 injection model Laughing

I think it's been strangled by Suzuki in the injection brain box, though I removed the Cat from the exhaust to see if that would free her up.

Bob
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  james.t Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:18 am

mmuu 70 im only 5 mph slower. maybe if i took off all the lights/ hard panniers/tool kit sat nav/ clocks it might help but then it wouldn't
be my bike .
do like yours though
james
james.t
james.t

Back to top Go down

Post  matt blak Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:44 am

thanks for the comments guys... yeah its a pretty bare bones build.. no indicators, no speedo at the moment, im currently working on that...
if you look at the pic with the down pipe you can see the horn next to that is a toggle switch .. thats the lights on/off lol .. on the other side is a starter button all concealed under the seat... the ignition is sited very low which i love too!! may work in a small oil cooler at some point in future .. matt.

matt blak

Back to top Go down

Post  james.t Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:45 pm

have you hot a sprung seat as the ride looks hard.
j
james.t
james.t

Back to top Go down

Post  matt blak Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:47 am

hi james, the seat is not sprung, its a true hard tail with no rear suspension as you have noticed, on normal roads its quite comfortable but if you hit a pothole or speed bump it can give you a nasty jolt! What a Face so your on constant watch for anything in the road, it handles really well now im used to it ...although roundabouts have to be taken with care as the pegs are so low lol .. but fast sweeping bends are breathtaking as the centre of gravity is so low it really is a fun ride.... gonna have a look at some of your projects later ... matt

matt blak

Back to top Go down

Post  james.t Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:38 am

oww im in pain just thinking about that.
your roads must be better then here.
I did my mod1 on my marauder and every time i went round the big corner
my inside foot scraped the road (3 times).
hat of to you for your bike.
james
james.t
james.t

Back to top Go down

Post  krisrt Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:07 am

awsome bike, what frame did u use? iv been looking into hardtailing my std frame but my ass and back is telling me otherwise lol

krisrt

Back to top Go down

Post  matt blak Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:52 pm

well.. the frame began life as a honda cg125 way back in 1976... but it had sme major surgery theres not much left of the origanal frame.. the head stock and centre tube.... hope to do a small video and host on youtube if it dont rain Very Happy

matt blak

Back to top Go down

Post  krisrt Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:23 am

oh right lol
how are u finding the fueling? i want to strip out the air box to relocate the battery and remove the side panels but concerned that a cone filter will lean it out to much its popping now just with my exhaust. iv been trying to find out how to adjust the fueling on our carb but without any real definate answers.

krisrt

Back to top Go down

Post  matt blak Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:58 am

setting up the correct air/fuel mixture is really simple.....take her for a quick run to get her warmed up... set your tick over to a nice idle speed then turn the mixture screw about a 1/4 turn in noteing anychange in idle speed then repeat turn screw outwards... the pilot mixture screw should be set in the position which gives the fastest consistent tickover.. take it for another run round the block then on your return ..perform a plug reading... simples Laughing

matt blak

Back to top Go down

Post  krisrt Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:11 am

matt blak wrote:setting up the correct air/fuel mixture is really simple.....take her for a quick run to get her warmed up... set your tick over to a nice idle speed then turn the mixture screw about a 1/4 turn in noteing anychange in idle speed then repeat turn screw outwards... the pilot mixture screw should be set in the position which gives the fastest consistent tickover.. take it for another run round the block then on your return ..perform a plug reading... simples Laughing

ok cool that sounds simple enough cheers, just to check im guessing the screw ur refering to is the brass one on the left hand side?

thanx kris

krisrt

Back to top Go down

Post  matt blak Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:37 am

no mate ... the mixture screw is sited top dead centre above carburettor / engine inlet should be brass screw with a slot in top .. it sits in a small recess... just like to also add kris... when you have found the sweet spot ( high tick over ) you should then reduce your idle speed with the idle screw which is on the left hand side should be a knurled screw... happy tuning matey..

matt blak

Back to top Go down

Post  krisrt Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:50 am

matt blak wrote:no mate ... the mixture screw is sited top dead centre above carburettor / engine inlet should be brass screw with a slot in top .. it sits in a small recess... just like to also add kris... when you have found the sweet spot ( high tick over ) you should then reduce your idle speed with the idle screw which is on the left hand side should be a knurled screw... happy tuning matey..

the screw i was refering to from what u said must be the idle screw. thanks for the heads up i'll get a filter on order now and have a play next wk.

cheers.

krisrt

Back to top Go down

Post  matt blak Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:55 am

nice one mate ... then we can have a look at jetting it to suit your exhaust/filter.. im playing with a couple of jet sizes at the moment ..watch this space for outcome ....

matt blak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum